Antihistamines reduce the blood flow that occurs during exercise recovery by 80 percent

If I could tuck this into the other thread with still being able to change the title I would.
Still interesting connections here worth noting. The first one is looking at multiple sclerosis.
The second one is looking at the possible flip side of the coin. This could depend on receptor activation or how histamine is regulated which can have both proinflammatory and antiinflammatory responses.

Multiple elements of the allergic arm of the immune response modulate autoimmune demyelination

broad evidence suggests that allergy and Th2 responses modulate immune responses, and that histamine under certain conditions can polarize the immune response toward Th1 (60). Furthermore, histamine and PAF might contribute to facilitate the entry of autoreactive T cells into the CNS by increasing blood–brain barrier permeability (44, 52). Our findings suggest that several components of classical allergic responses also can significantly influence the pathogenesis of autoimmune disease in the EAE model. Allergy-related molecules might represent a rich source of new targets for the treatment of EAE and MS.

Histamine modulates hippocampal inflammation and neurogenesis in adult mice

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-44816-w

Evidence points to a dual role of histamine in microglia-mediated neuroinflammation, a key pathological feature of several neurodegenerative pathologies. Moreover, histamine has been suggested as a modulator of adult neurogenesis. Herein, we evaluated the effect of histamine in hippocampal neuroinflammation and neurogenesis under physiological and inflammatory contexts. For that purpose, mice were intraperitoneally challenged with lipopolysaccharide (LPS) followed by an intrahippocampal injection of histamine. We showed that histamine per se triggered glial reactivity and induced mild long-term impairments in neurogenesis, reducing immature neurons dendritic volume and complexity. Nevertheless, in mice exposed to LPS (2 mg/Kg), histamine was able to counteract LPS-induced glial activation and release of pro-inflammatory molecules as well as neurogenesis impairment. Moreover, histamine prevented LPS-induced loss of immature neurons complexity as well as LPS-induced loss of both CREB and PSD-95 proteins (essential for proper neuronal activity). Altogether, our results highlight histamine as a potential therapeutic agent to treat neurological conditions associated with hippocampal neuroinflammation and neurodegeneration.

^There’s maybe some documented evidence of that last part in a few of us from MRI’s and PET scans.

I say this all Time, Finasterid have Make Histaminintoleranz
my Body isa totaly Inflammed! i think it is HNMT a Genetic Desaster!

Ive read on this a few times now in various studies,
They talk about Histamine as possibly being a regulatory factor to immune education or immune training.
Meaning there could be a scenario where a person gets worse before they get better.
I absolutely dont know about this and have my own doubts, but I figured I throw that out there.
Of course we all know the likelihood of a general worsening, without the light at the end of the tunnel.

I think we may be dealing with a condition called (MCAS) mass cell activation syndrome on top of hypogonadal issues.

Yes Mastcells Activation!
And all triggert the Symptomes, when i smoke a Cigarette, my Body burns that i Cry…
i think it is a Genetic error from Finasterid

Im sure there’s some fatigue on this subject at this point, but there’s still a few more thoughts I need to get out of my system. I’ll just call this a study on Histamine atm and how it might relate.
What are these hormone levels like in PFS?

Looking at this study maybe things could be at least narrowed down to the two most known receptors. Im looking at a balance here, maybe too much of a swing in either direction could be a problem.
If this relates.

Intracerebroventricular injection of histamine induces the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis activation in male rats

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0006899318304426
Brain histamine holds a key position in the regulation of behavioral states, biological rhythms, body weight, energy metabolism, thermoregulation, fluid balance, stress and reproduction in female animals. However, it is not clear whether central histamine exerts any effect on hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular in male rats and if so, the involvement of type of central histamine receptors.

The current study was designed to determine the effect of centrally administrated histamine on plasma gonadotropin hormone-releasing hormone (GnRH), luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and testosterone level, and sperm parameters, and to show the mediation of the central histaminergic H1, H2 and H3/H4 receptors on histamine-evoked hormonal and sperm parameters’ effects.

Studies were performed in male Sprague-Dawley rats. A total of 50 or 100 nmol doses of histamine were injected intracerebroventricularly (icv). 100 nmol dose of histamine significantly caused increases in plasma GnRH, LH, FSH and testosterone levels of animals, but not 50 nmol dose of histamine. Moreover, central pretreatment with chlorpheniramine, histaminergic H1 receptor antagonist (100 nmol), ranitidine and histaminergic H2 receptor antagonist (100 nmol) completely prevented histamine evoked increase in plasma GnRH, LH, FSH and testosterone levels, while thioperamide, histaminergic H3/H4 receptor antagonist (100 nmol) pretreatment failed to reverse sex hormones responses to histamine. Both central histamine treatment alone and central histamine treatment after central histaminergic receptors antagonists’ pretreatments did not alter any sperm parameters in rats.

In conclusion, our findings show that centrally administered histamine increases plasma GnRH, LH, FSH and testosterone levels of conscious male rats without change any sperm parameters. Moreover, according to our findings, central histaminergic H1, and H2 receptors mediate these histamine-induced effects.

1 Like

Your daily/weekly update on histamine. I believe im feeling some of what’s mentioned here from this probiotic ive been taking.
Pretty interesting thoughts here,

2 Likes