I believe I have been cured ...by accident ...! :)

1. Where are you from (country)?

France

1. How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)

By a search on google about propecia side effect cure …

1. What is your current age, height, weight?

38 and i weight 220 lbs

1. Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise?

Body building

1. What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)?

meat eater …

1. Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)?
    Hair loss
  2. For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)?

4 years and a half

1. How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start Finasteride?

1. How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?

2. How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
    taper off

3. What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic?
    ¨Proscar

4. What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
    1mg/day

5. How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects?

3 years

1. What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Put an X beside all that apply:

Sexual
[ x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x ] Erectile Dysfunction
[x ] Complete Impotence
[x ] Loss of Morning Erections
[ x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[x ] Watery Ejaculate
[x ] Reduced Ejaculate
[x ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[x ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[x ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ x] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ x] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[x ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ x] Depression / Melancholy

Physical
[ x] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ x] Testicular Pain
[x ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[x ] Joint Pain
[ x] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[x ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[x ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ x] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

1. What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?

2. If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

High levels of prolactyne

1. Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience with Finasteride?

It’s an hell of a drug …i thank god of being strong …or i think i ll had kill myself …

1. Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Well Hi guys,

First of all i hope you ll excuse me for my very bad english, i ll try to do my best to share with you my experience,
Like many here i started taking proscar to fight again baldness…, after a few months of taking the pills, i felt that my libido lowered but not that much so i decided to continue …till after three years …on morning, no erection at all , no desire …, i felt like my brain was disconnected from my parts…
the suite is pure hell , depression , diziness, always tired etc etc etc etc

Ok so for the interesting part …, a year ago … some friend who work in a pharmacy noticed my mood …(i was very sad) she proposed me a product called DOC TRAZODONE, that helps with both sleep and depression, i took one pill …and went to sleep, well the next morning …i felt something is hardening in my pants, i was so happy …! it wasn’t very hard but hell !
i did’nt had an erection for ages !
My mood was a lot better ! i immeditaley called my friend …who told me that “hard ons” are a known side effect of that product, but they still do not know how it operates .!
In the next weeks …i had quite good erections i ll say 60 percent of my original ones …
but still not a lot of semen.

I spoke about my problem whit a bodybuilder friend who tolds me that after a long steroid cure bodybuilder use some products to restart their hormone levels …,so i immediately i decided to give it it a try :

I took intramuscular injections of HCG every 3 a 5 days 1500 to 3000 ui by injections for 1 months only, and after that some Clomid for 10 days 2 pills by day …
It helped relaunch the natural testorene levels so my libido increased again …i am now totally satisfied with my health :slight_smile:

So guys if i have one advice , you have to work on both sides, first the mental, next the body , our problem is bidimentionnal, this is why some people even after taking medication are not cured, do not forget that the PLASTICITY OF THE BRAIN, by taking those proscar and propecia for years …you ve reorganised your brain architecture to depression, low libido and so on … so the most important thing is to try to be the more happy, the more healthier than ever, make it an habbit …so that your brain rearrange himself to be more inclinate to happiness than depression.

I hope i didn’t bothered you with my very bad english, don’t loose hope guys, i know it’s hard, i sometime tought of killing myself, but do not forget, suicide is a definitive solution for problems that are temporary.

OUpps and one last thing …do not play the apprentice doctor ! DO NOT FORGET THAT IT IS BY READING FORUMS AND DOCUMENTING ON INTERNET, that we all felt in the trap of propecia and proscar and for some ruined their life !
see a doctor first before engaging any “self made therapy”.

God bless guys !

truly

Sam

1 Like

Trickster…CONGRATULATIONS!

How long have you been feeling better?

and THANK YOU for coming back to this forum to report this. Most don’t bother to do this. :slight_smile:

More proof that hormones therapy can fix people. Terrific.

HI Mens Rea,

Thank you very much for your kind comment, like i said in my post i ve been feeling better for almost a year now, my libido is back and trust me, it is even better as before, my erection are better and stay longer, it’s like i like lost little little bit of sensibility so it take a littlle bit more time to come, but hey, it makes my girlfriend happier lol :slight_smile:

If i have on advice for people who experience the same problem, do not avoir the depression problematic ! it IS ESSENTIAL !
Consider this, there are a lot of case of people (non finasteride users) under depression that event tough they are in good shape loose all their libido !
The depression is not always a consequence, it is in the majority of cases the cause !.
I treated both to cure myself , and it worked :slight_smile: so guys positive attitude…you didn’t “kill” your libido , it is still in you
sleeping :slight_smile:
oupps i forgot to mention that with my hcg treatment my testicle size went back to normal, very good withy semen :slight_smile:

I hope other people will share their experience, i ll keep posting here if anyone has question, if anyone tries my regimen plz let other people know if it as work for you too :wink:

Again thanks men rea for your comment , and sorry for my very bad english :slight_smile:

God bless ya all

Sam

ps: my dose of hcg is 2500 ui , half a “bottle” every five days for a month.
ps: guys do not forget to talk about this with your doctor ! do not play apprentice sorcerers.

Sam, congrats to you and I am sure that EVERYONE on here is beyond thrilled at your recovery- really wonderful news! I also thank you for making your way back here to tell us about it.

I have a question- did you take just a single pill of the DOC TRAZADONE? And after that what else did you to do work on your mental health? I too believe that there are many dimensions to our issues and for many of us, the mental state plays a vital role. As in, it’s possible that there has been physical recovery along the way naturally, or otherwise occurring through various meds we’ve tried, but our mental state holds us back. (Please note to others reading this that I don’t imply that this is true for all of us, and I don’t suggest that merely our heads are holding us back from recovery! I know it is way more complicated and difficult than that- I’m just suggesting, like Sam did, that it is a variable not to be ignored.).

Anyway, so you took 1 pill, and did you do anything else for your mental health? Did you consider yourself in a much better place mentally before you started the hormone treatments? Also, did you ever have low testosterone or any other glaring hormonal issues, via bloodwork? Thanks!

I kind of thought this could be a brain problem… Kind of like our bodies not being able to go through REM sleep stage… Which could be a reason some ppl on here have terrible cortisol…

Actually now that I think about it… It makes a whole lot of sense… I actually think I have a theory of why I’m so screwed up… Thank you for leading me this.

Hope this is for real… (trickster, April fool’s etc).

Some questions for Trickster:

i) What dose of Trazodone did you take?
ii) How often?
iii) Other than erections, how did trazodone help?
iv) Penis shape/size improve from traz or hcg or both?
v) How long have you felt “cured”?

I highly doubt this story.

I’ve been looking into this online. A couple of observations stuck out:

1. Priapism - possible side effect of this medication.
  1. Elevated Prolactin: Elevated prolactin concentrations have been observed in patients taking trazodone.

Maybe our systems are so out of whack (low T, low libido) we would respond differently than above… (?)

We could always test it out on a goat.

Hi guys,

As i said, i am not paid to write “stories” , and i certainly do not joke with that subject as i know that most people here feel that their lives are ruined by that experience.
Be serious, you can accept the fact that one week of propecia can kill libido for ages without knowin the processus, and you doubt my story ?

I guess it depends on people, i am not saying that doc trazodone all alone saved my libido, but the fact that i had morning hard ons was a great help in getting into a good cure, like i said the psycho or the doc traz aspect gave me back 50-60% of my libido back, i guess it’s definitely linked to that priapism side effect, dont’ ask me how i do not know.
Short after that i started bodybuilding, 5 days a week , and my cure of hcg , that is definitely the thing that bring me back to my old self.
You have to consider the fact that depression is a big issu for our condition , so i insist it has to be worked on both side …, i took three months of doc traz…(1 box 90 pills), it helps because as i said …plasticity is a nasty thing …, your brain reorganise himself to be depressed all the time and that means less testosterone production.

Each case is different guys that’s why i insisted, and that’s why i posted her and i will keep posting, do not loose hope !

God bless ya all

ps:a friend who experiences same problems, will also try hcg at the end of the month, i ll keep you updated about that one too
sorry for my bad english again you ll accoutumate lol:)

HCG is a good call because it has no negative side effects either does it? I would really love to try some, but it’s expensive to get in the UK. I am very tempted though. I was actually thinking about Clomid and HCG at some point.

LoL…

Hi Trickster. I find your story very interesting, especially since I’m french myself :wink: Thanks for sharing it. What was the dosage of trazodone that you used (I think both 50 and 100mg pills exist)? I might have to PM you for a source that can ship this (and also HCG and bacteriostatic water) to France; because unfortunately my doctor doesnt want to beleive that the hell I’ve been through is to blame on my short finasteride stint a few years ago…

you mea on your selfe?

Many people have tried HCG with no good results but maybe each person is different.

a quick question. did your balls shrink? and did they return to normal size after HCG? It they did return to normal size then trust me you are the first case to be normal after HCG I have never read a single story any where.

I can’t get over that name; does “Trickster” appply to his intentions on this board, or, his ethos in real life (not that this board is not real life)? In any case, the name seems a bit too insincere.

Damn, i even have too argue about my nickname ?!

Well guys now i understand wy people do not come back here to share their experience, trickster is the english name is use for eshu an haitian divinity, a positive who likes to surface the truth, think a minute if i had to mess with people i d certainly not mention it in my profile… so now i think that i have to add one more side effect to propecia : paranoia :slight_smile:

About Hcg …the first ? well for my part i am feeling much better and i definitely think that my balls growed back ., for the rest in the bodybuilding world the cure i mentionnned is used after a hard core cure of testosterone to relaunch your endocrine system to normal, try to find the book “les anabolisants” by jean texier there is an english version i guess.

He’s french, get over it. Many things seem strange until you’ve learned a foreign language or two.

Tim, you finally made me laugh!!! :slight_smile: