Anyone here a biochemist or expert on enzymes? I have a few questions

5ARI substances such as Dutasteride and Finasteride are irreversible inhibitors of the enzyme and its isoforms. This means they permanently chemically alter and thus ‘fuck up’ the molecules of these enzymes.

Irreversibly altering certain enzymes or their isoforms may not cause any permanent problems assuming that certain tissues in the body are producing said enzyme over time and are able to restore its prevalence in relevant tissue in time after cessation of the inhibitor. In theory, the effect should wear off as the body replaces the old enzymes with new ones. Thus, permanent side effects from 5ARI should theoretically be impossible, (unless some other bodily system is fried as a cascading result of short term deprivation.)

But how much do we really know about the production and life cycle of 5-alpha-reductase enzymes and their isoforms?

From wikipedia on 5-alpha-reductase:
“The enzyme is produced in many tissues in both males and females, in the reproductive tract, testes and ovaries, skin, seminal vesicles, prostate, epididymis and many organs, including the Nervous System.”

How much 5AR does an average human being produce in said tissues?
I looked at the sources in this wikipedia article but find that they do not directly adress or explain the life cycle of 5AR enzymes. Or at least not that I could find. There’s only mentions and what appears to be assumptions.

I’ve searched all over but I can’t find anything.
Can anyone point me to any source that describes the production and life cycle of 5AR enzymes?
It would be great to know which amino acids specifically play a pivotal role in the production of 5AR enzymes.

…ess

Read the OP before replying please.

No one here is a biochemist. This is a forum for bitching.

2 Likes

You need to change your attitude. This sour behavior hurts yourself most and it doesn’t help anyone else either.