PFS recovery is “not impossible. “ In June 2017 I fully recovered (except sleep) - Anonymous1968's post-PFS journal

Yes!

• extremely disturbing hallucinations (100% resolved after 2 months)
  • 100% loss of emotionality/compassion/empathy (100% resolved after 6 months)
  • two years suicidal depression (several unsuccessful suicide attempts, tried to buy gun, nearly starved myself); OK(ish) since Jan 2017, no anti-depressants since then
3 Likes

Glad you’re doing so well now. Gives the rest of us hope. I’ve been dizzy and have fucked up vision for the last 5 months. Hoping all our stories end like yours.

2 Likes

That’s really good to hear buddy, I have bad OCD so the lack of empathy makes my intrusive thoughts even worse, feel more real etc.
Great to hear some positive news :blush:

1 Like

My double vision lasted 1.5 years but 100% resolved naturally. I assumed it was caused by near starvation, not PFS.

2 Likes

hey anonymous, I’m super happy for you and your positivity is appreciated. could you go into some more detail about your intravenous methyl steroid injections? where did you inject/did you go to a doctor or at home? what was the procedure like? I’m considering doing something similar, as I believe breaking up fibrosis and fully restoring healthy blood flow may only be achieved by something as drastic as making injections into the penis.

I left finasteride in May 2016 after 2 years of use and I have also gradually improved.

Congratulations.

2 Likes

I created a thread about methyl steroids:

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/methyl-steroids-and-or-time-luck-100-cured-my-sexual-probs/9416

1 Like

Do you think the near starvation helped you (not trying to be insensitive or funny)? Did you do fasting/dieting protocols?

No, terrible idea, borne of desperation, caused horrific permanent health probs.

COPY FOR AUTO TRANSLATION

The blood work revealed no diagnostic abnormalities. That leaves us with the possibility of the trial of intravenous methylprednisolone therapy as we had discussed in the office. This is something that could be done in Charlotte with the involvement of his physician. Specifically, we would be using this trial as not simply therapy but for diagnostic purposes. To accomplish that, a limited neurologic examination is appropriate prior to starting treatment to establish a baseline. At a minimum, standing and taking a few steps would be a good reference point since the imbalance was rather striking. This would be followed by five consecutive days of 1000 mg of intravenously administered methylprednisolone. It typically is administered over 90 minutes. At the end of the five days the exam is then repeated. If there is meaningful benefit and more than can be expected by chance or placebo effect, that would be interpreted as possible evidence of an autoinmune condition. In that case, I would like to be back in the loop to learn how things have gone, and I would then be happy to advise what to do beyond that. If there was rather striking improvement, the usual strategy we have done here is to continue the intravenous methylprednisolone once a week to complete 6 to 12 weeks of treatment. Beyond that, a decision must then be made how to extend immunosuppression but with modalities other than methylprednisolone. In that, case, I would then considerar involving colleagues from our Neuroimmunology group. I also advised a brief videotape of the before and after results in case we need to have objetive evidence of the degree of improvement.

Anybody else lost/regained emotionality/compassion?

1 Like

Yes from SSRI use. I have no emotions whatsoever. No happiness, no sadness, no love or empathy. Also no libido. And I can’t sleep naturally. It am taking high doses of benzos and Lyrica to sleep and that doesn’t always work so I have to pick and choose when to sleep. It’s awful and I can’t put myself through this much longer. Life was always tough for me but now it’s impossible. It is boring and meaningless now…

My full story is here:

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/methyl-steroids-and-or-time-luck-100-cured-my-sexual-probs/9416

In summary:

• methyl steroids POSSIBLY 100% cured my PFS impotence/sexual dysfunction
  • I stopped sleeping normally in summer 2014 and stopped sleeping AT ALL Nov 2014-April 2015
  • I was able to zombie sleep 7-8 hrs a night until Dec 2016 by nightly taking both:
  • mirtazapine/remeron 30mg (prescribed off-label to promote REM sleep)
  • nortryptaline100mg
  • I stopped sleeping AT ALL from Dec 2016 for ONE YEAR (but basically was OK unbelievably)

In Dec 2017 my near prescribed Balsomra. It is ridiculously expensive ($15 a pill!) but my ins. covers it.

http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/b/belsomra/belsomra_pi.pdf

I have recently discovered that INTENSE late night exercise PLUS new sleep drug Balsomra currently puts me to “sleep/heavy rest” for 6+ hours.

I bike for 30+ minutes INTENSELY plus 25 pushups. So y’all can try it too.

Me tonight at 11:30pm:

Neurologist prescribed:

$15 a pill per night is a lot but at least it comes from a respected company so we know it’s safe!

4 Likes

Ha true it’s a Merck drug!

But it is working for me, slept 5.5 hrs last night; 5.5 hours MORE than entire 2017!

Oh yeah most of you are thinking I’m lying or confused about not sleeping, but tis’ true. Iresearched it and there are two known semi-famous non-sleepers. One man was unfortunately shot in the head and the othersuffered brain fever. Both stopped sleeping forever without any adverse health detriment!

5 hours, that’s huge news! Congrats man, hopefully it lasts. And props to you for exercising, I stopped exercising when insomnia hit me, I tried a few times but it’s hard to keep a routine when you’re exhausted some days so I’m just gonna wait till it’s completely normal again lol.

Also anyone who thinks you’re lying is a tool.

So yep the “three trick pony” is actually working:

• intense 30 minute workout at 10pm
  • Balsomra
  • reading serious book

I skipped exercising Friday night and paid the price! No sleep Friday night and PROFOUNDLY exhausted all day Saturday (just miserably lay in bed all day)!

Last night slept 5.5 hours again, after exercise etc.

Man there are so many morons and voodoo-hawking yahoos 'round here!

I’d like to:

Anyway I have some useful (!) and sane advice regarding sleeping: